Innovative Health Solutions (IHS) is an innovative interprofessional course focusing upon the provision of citizen centered solutions in rapidly developing technological healthcare contexts. Students from around the world will collaborate in the creation of solutions to global health challenges.
If you are an Absalon student and you want to follow the course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
For information about housing in Næstved please contact email@example.com
Innovative Health Solutions (IHS) is an innovative interprofessional course focusing upon the provision of citizen centered solutions in rapidly developing technological healthcare contexts. Students from around the world will collaborate in the creation of solutions to global health challenges. The course uses innovative pedagogical approaches to develop intercultural skills and technological literacy. Social, cultural and ethical considerations in relation to technologically assisted health promotion and prevention are reflected upon in a national and global perspective.
Teaching and learning methods can include lectures, self-study, group work, workshops, blended learning, study visits, clinical elements, discussions, student led presentations and other student driven activities. Teaching may also include visiting guest lecturers.
The interdisciplinary collaboration is centered on a problem oriented group project. During the project process the students representing different professions and different countries collaborate with respect to a relevant professional problem area.
Theoretical and practical elements
The course is divided into two parts:
1) Part one, 20 ECTS, is theoretical and project oriented (weeks 1-13 of the course).
This part of the course is concluded with a mandatory exam.
2) For international students and some home students, part two, 10 ECTS, is a practical clinical placement/traineeship, (weeks 14-20 of the course). This part of
the course is concluded with a final assessment.
The course has two mandatory exams:
Part one is concluded with a mandatory, group oral exam based
upon a written group project. The exam is theoretical and reflects
the part one learning outcomes. Grading is individual and
follows the 7-point grading scale.
For international students part two is a practical clinical
placement/traineeship. This part of the course is concluded with a
final pass/fail assessment.
The Danish students follow their regular curricular contents and
You wil find the examination rules at University College Absalon here.
- is able to combine knowledge of and reflect upon innovative methods for developing practice, and can describe selected implementation methodologies in relation to user centered interventions, health promotion and illness prevention
- is able to describe mono-professional practice and responsibilities, in an organisational, administrative and societal perspective
- is able to reflect upon patient treatment pathways and the interprofessional coordination of services
- is able to reflect upon ethical issues in relation to health services and interprofessional collaboration
- has knowledge of and is able to reflect upon communication theory with respect to health education and professional collaboration
- is able to explain and reflect upon methods and standards for quality assurance and patient safety
- has knowledge of research and project methodology
- is able to analyse and assess decisions made in relation to patient treatment pathways, health technologies and organisational conditions
- is able to analyze innovative healthcare interventions from a patient centered perspective
- is able to collaborate mono-/interprofessionally and with healthcare users in order to assess treatment pathways while considering quality assurance concerns
- is able to analyze ethical dilemmas in relation to innovative healthcare solutions, health technology and treatment pathways
- is able to use research and project methodology
- is able to organize user centered interventions related to health promotion, illness prevention, diagnostics and treatment
- is able to collaborate with other professionals in relation to innovative healthcare solutions, health technology and treatment pathways
- is able to organize, develop, document and assure the quality of health interventions
- is able to modify communication strategies to different patient centered contexts
- is able to identify possibilities and barriers for the implementation of innovative solutions while taking into account patient perspectives
- is able to coordinate interprofessional and intersectoral collaboration on the basis of a holistic patient centered perspective
- is able to explain and reflect on the profession's use of health technology and innovation as a method of developing practice
- possesses knowledge of the priorities for deploying professional resources under the prevailing framework conditions in the health service
- is able to participate in patient centered interprofessional collaboration using appropriate communication theories and methods and is able to reflect upon ethical issues
- is able to master interprofessional cooperation
- is able to structure communication in different contexts and implement a dialogue-based cooperation with patients, relatives and interprofessional partners
- is based on clinical reasoning able to assess and justify health promotion, illness prevention and rehabilitation interventions
- is able to identify possibilities and barriers to the implementation of innovative health solutions
- is able to identify his/her own learning needs and develop his/her own knowledge and skills
- is able to handle basic elements of professional assessments and is able to collaborate with other professionals taking, into account quality assurance guidelines
Transportation expenses during traineeship
Please note that during the traineeship students may have transportation expenses from their accommodation to their clinical placement. It will be possible to apply for a student travel card (Ungdomskort) that ensures cheaper travel opportunities.
Find our more about the IHS course in the videos below.
Learn more about the IHS course in this video.
Hear what Goncarlo, a former IHS participant has to say about the course.