The admission requirements for international students include one of the following certificates:
- A Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate (STX, HF, HHX, HTX, EUX, GIF)
- The Danish/French Baccalauréat (DFB)
- The European Baccalaureate (EB)
- The International Baccalaureate (IB)
- The Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB)
- Another foreign qualifying examination certificate that can be equated with a Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate.
- A grade average of minimum 7.0, on the Danish grading scale or a score from an interview of minimum 30 points.
If your average is below 7.0 on Danish grade scale or if the average is unknown or your average cannot be converted to the Danish grade scale or you get a positive individual competence assessment, you must participate in an interview to qualify for admission to the program.
If you are to attend an interview you will receive an e-mail with a link to our booking system where you can book an interview. You will receive the e-mail after we have assessed your application.
If you which to attend in an English admission interview, you need to choose one of the following placement:
- ENGLISH – University College Absalon Campus Vordingborg (SKYPE)
- ENGLISH – University College Absalon Campus Vordingborg (Face to Face)
If you have questions regarding the interview: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other basis for admission
If you do not fulfill the official admission requirements, but have other qualifications which can be ranked alongside, you can apply for admission on the exceptional permission via individual competence assessment
15 March at 12.00 noon
- Application deadline for all quota 2 applicants
- Application deadline for all applicants with an international entry examination; including applicants holding an International Baccalaureate
- Documentation for additional subjects or other relevant documentation that has not been completed before 15 March can be uploaded to your application until 5 July at 12:00.
5 July at 12.00 noon
- Application deadline for quota 1 applicants (only applicable to applicants holding a Danish entry examination)
- Final documentation deadline for quota 1 and quota 2 applicants.
It is not required that you speak Danish when you apply for the course.
If you do not speak or write Danish and have passed the so-called “Studieprøven i dansk som andetsprog” or is able to document similar competences in Danish, you must attend an obligatory course offered by Absalon of 10 ECTS during your first year of study and pass the subsequent test.
The selection criteria for The International Honours Degree in Teaching are:
- English corresponding to Danish A-level
- Pass the special 3-hour entrance examinations to The International Honours Degree in Teaching. This test assesses both your skills in written English and your ability to formulate a well-structured argument.
To document fulfillment of the English requirements, you can attach a verification form to your application. The verification form must be completed, signed and stamped by the school where the entry qualification was completed.