University College Absalon offers an international honours degree as part of the Danish Professional Bachelor’s Degree in Teacher Education.
The increased number of international schools worldwide is creating a high demand for teachers with intercultural competences. As a response to this demand, University College Absalon offers an honours degree with an international focus.
See/revisit Online Q&A - Honours Degree in Teaching (2022)
Why choose the International Honours Degree in Teaching?
The International Honours Degree is much more demanding, but it opens the door to extraordinary opportunities during and after your education:
- You will get many opportunities to develop an international teaching profile
- As an international student, you will get a unique opportunity to base your teacher education on Danish pedagogical traditions and principles
- As part of an international programme, your studies will be enriched by the diversity of your fellow students
- Extra studies will be credited to your diploma
- You will receive the honorary ’with distinction’ on your diploma if you complete the programme within the allotted four years
- You will have an attractive job profile for all internationally minded schools – in Denmark and across the world!
Selection process for the International Honours Programme?
In order to gain admission to the International Honours Degree you must apply and be accepted into the Danish Teacher Education programme in Vordingborg.
Once enrolled you need to fulfil both of the following two requirements:
- You must have English qualifications at Danish level B, TOEFL-test with a score of at least 83 or an IELTS-test with a score of at least 6.5.
- You must pass the special 3-hour admission test for the Honours Degree. The test evaluates your command of written English, as well as your ability to formulate a well-structured argument.
In order to graduate with honours you must
- Spend one semester studying abroad or have a teaching experience abroad
- Take a teaching subject taught in English, which contains additional international competences
- Spend one teaching experience at an international school in Denmark.